Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought and installed this unit for a 600sf garage-apartment conversion. The tankless concept appealed to me, because it makes no sense to waste energy keeping a tank of water hot 24/7. It also mounts on the wall outside- saving some precious indoor space.
The heater was professionally installed, inspected, etc. and actually does heat water (thus the 2 stars). Unfortunately, that's the last positive thing I have to say about this $1,000 adventure.
The heater is designed to switch on at a certain flow rate. Only 2 of my 4 hot water outlets are big enough to trip the switch- my bathroom faucet (brand new & in perfect working order) doesn't 'trip' the heater even when it's open all the way, and my washing machine (also brand new) never demands enough water to turn the heater on. This is NOT adjustable- there is no way to get the heater to turn on at a lower flow rate.
It is also impossible to make 'warm' water anywhere in the apartment. The heater ONLY heats when the kitchen or shower faucet is open all the way- start mixing hot & cold, and the heater kicks off. This results in unexpected, instant cold shower!
My solution? I open another tap wide open so i can wash my clothes in hot water or take a warm shower instead of a scalding/freezing one. When i do this, everything works as expected. I get whatever temperature water I want, and as much as I want, and of course the hot water never runs out. But this "solution" means I WASTE more hot water (and energy) than I actually USE! After paying $1000 to buy and install an energy-SAVING water heater, this is an infuriating end result. I could have used a traditional storage heater for about a third as much, and it would have worked exactly as expected.
After asking around, I found out this is a common problem with tankless heaters. I wish I had done more homework before I made the purchase.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bosch 125BO NG AquaStar Outdoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Product Description:
The Bosch 125BO-NG AquaStar outdoor natural gas tankless water heater can cut water-heating costs by up to 50 percent while supplying up to 4.3 gallons of hot water per minute. Temperature control is provided by a modulating gas valve. A standing pilot light provides ignition, while stainless steel burners and a copper heat exchanger ensure long life. No vent pipe is required and this heater installs outdoors. It has freeze protection for temperatures as low as 5 degrees Fahrenheit. The Bosch 125BO-NG AquaStar water heater features safety thermocouple and overheat shutoff protection, and Bosch backs its heater with a 12-year heat exchanger warranty and 2-year parts warranty.
Note: This unit is rated for freeze protection down to 5 degrees Fahrenheit and only can be sold in the following states: Alabama, Arizona (in zip codes beginning with the first three digits 850-857 and 864), Arkansas, California (except in zip codes beginning with the first three digits 935 or 961), Georgia, Mississippi, Oregon (in zip codes beginning with the first three digits 970-975), North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia (only in zip codes beginning with the first three digits 233-237), and Washington (in zip codes beginning with the first three digits 980-986).
Want to read more honest consumer review about Bosch 125BO NG AquaStar Outdoor Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater now ?
0 comments:
Post a Comment